Wednesday, April 4, 2012

The Cult Of The Skull







So I'm guessing it's evident by now that I love skulls! After all, I have been blogging for 2 years this coming Monday (HOLY SHIT) and I haven't exactly kept quiet about my obsession fascination with them.

I received this little "Book of Skulls" By Faye Dowling for my birthday two weeks ago! This book features the most revered icon of our time and shows how it has evolved throughout history - from it's religious/ spiritual origins to today's contemporary society, where it is a regonisable symbol in the worlds of fashion, music, art and popular culture. I just love how it has been repurposed over the years!

I have only scanned in a few of my favourite pages - but you can view more here.

Ally

Scans made by me

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you guys! Thanks so much for following! If you drop me a line be sure to leave your url and I'll come and check your blog out! :-) X