Sunday, May 29, 2011
I'm moving today and tomorrow. It feels like we've been moving for about 10, 000 years. I am over cardboard boxes, lifting and endless hours of packing. It's the pits. The upside is our new place is rad and I have a large delivery from IKEA tomorrow *YAY*. After tomorrow I never want to see a cardboard box again. Ever.
I won't have my internet connected 'til Thursday. So I may go and scam some free WiFi from a coffee shop so I can blog...If not I will be back Thursday for sure.
Hope your weekend wasn't as tedious as mine has been. I think I need a hair cut, a manicure and a massage to unwind! Well at least that's what I'm telling my boyfriend!
Friday, May 27, 2011
Kim from BLONDE SUBURBIA tweeted these little cactus skulls to me this morning! How rad are they? I really, really want them! I love that she shares my love of skulls! Thanks kimmie for now making me obsessed with finding these! I think cactus would be the only plant I could keep alive. 'm not really a green thumb - mum and dad didn't pass that gene onto me!
Ps: Don't forget our ebay auctions are ending soon! Visit here to grab yourself some rad shoes. One pair only has 1 hour and 40 mins left!
Photo( kim from blonde suburbia)
Thursday, May 26, 2011
Ahhhh, so in love with these three pairs of shoes! The boots are obviously more practical with winter approaching us - but my mind is obviously stuck in the northern hemisphere, as I keep finding myself looking at summer shoes.
On another note: How rad are "flatforms"? When I first bought my Joes Jeans "Brenda" sandal aka flatform they weren't really on-trend, but now they are and I'm loving it. They're so much more comfy than stilettos.
Featured Jeffrey Campbell "Everest", Jeffrey Campbell "El Carmen" and Ego and Greed "Two Hundred"
Edit of shoes done by me- photos via Solestruck.
I stumbled across these Maud Traon rings this morning while looking at umpteen online stores. I'm still undecided whether I like them. They're interesting and very unusual but I don't see myself wanting to wear them. I think I just like looking a them because of the abstract structure and the colourful nature - so I thought I would share them with you, so you could tell me what you think. Sometimes you just need someone to set you straight!
Most of these are made out of copper, fimo, synthetic stones, plastic frogs, wax and various found objects. These materials obviously set them apart from many other statement rings on the market. I haven't come across any other designer that uses them to make their jewellery! They truly are something else.
Still so undecided on them! See more here.
Wednesday, May 25, 2011
A few cute things
1. Samantha Wills: COLOSSEO CUFF - SILVER
2. Camilla Skovgaard: High Vamp Booties with Buckled Strap
3. Iosselliani: Limited Edition Multi Choker
Tuesday, May 24, 2011
Monday, May 23, 2011
Okay, so I felt bad that you only got a taste of what is to come. So here is another dress that will be for sale soonish.
Happy Monday guys! Have a good week. I have to finish packing up our place this week. Joy. We can not wait to move in though. We went to Ikea on the weekend and we found some really cute stuff! We just have to suss out measurements etc of the new place!
Sunday, May 22, 2011
Here is a quick Sneaky Peek at what we've been working on. This is one of the many items that will be for sale in the coming month. Keep checking back in for updates on the new store. If all goes to plan we should have it up and running within the next month. Get excited and tell your friends to follow Unknown Pleasures!
I hope your weekend was wicked!
Friday, May 20, 2011
We've started selling some things on Ebay. I was meant to list them all today but they should be up over the next few days. Here's a sneak peek at our RAD new profile. Go check it out for yourselves here
Happy Friday lovers
Wednesday, May 18, 2011
(Clockwise from top left)
1. Alibi hat - I have a tan version of this but the dark brown looks cute as well!
2. Marcs hat - Seems like it's the perfect amount of floppy. If that makes sense!
3. House of Harlow Sunglasses - I was so happy when I stumbled across an article on Nicole Ritchie saying she was now adding Sunnies to her collection. Who better else than the sunglass queen herself to design sunglasses!
4. Finsk heels - So wish I could justify paying this much for heels I'd probably only wear once.
5. Chaos and Harmony wedges - A new, New Zealand brand! I think they look like a mix between Opening Ceremony and Surface to air
6. Karen Walker Number One Sunglasses - Karen you're my fav.
You probably know the 'winged shoes' he designed for Adidas as they were featured on about 10, 000 tumblrs lately. Now, Jeremy Scott can add a collaboration with Swatch under his belt as well. I am a big fan of the "lightening flash" and the "winged swatch". I love the cartoon feel of them. I'd probably give the "Opulence" a miss though, I don't really like the photo frame, it's a little too baroque-inspired for me. Do you have a favourite?
My very first watch was a Swatch from my Aunty - it had a hot pink band and a white face. My dog at the time decided it would be a tasty snack for him and chewed through the band. Mum got it replaced with this colourful band that had little geometric shapes all over it and it was never the same. I still have it somewhere....but I wonder where.
Featured: Swatch Opulence, Lighting Flash and Winged Swatch all three can be purchased here
Happy Hump Day,
Tuesday, May 17, 2011
Really digging this Camilla and Marc fur goodness. It kind of reminds me of a cropped version of the vintage one i found a few weeks ago. You can buy it here if you want to keep snug this winter!
Still don't know how I feel about Lara Bingle.
(Image Oyster Mag via Frockshop.com changed by me)
Monday, May 16, 2011
Photos from yesterday afternoon. While the boys skated, I took photos and Bec and I had a girlie catch up. It was awesome! We could talk for hours and and hours. After a while we even forgot how cold we were! Can't wait for Jonathan and I to go and visit them in two months time!
I am so, so , so tired. I'm even yawning whilst typing this post. My sister and her boyfriend came up to stay a few nights, which has been amazingly awesome! I love her coming to stay. She is basically a 5'4" version of me. Okay, maybe not but our personalities are so similar.
Yesterday we dragged the boys around the shops. My sis bought some Ksubi jeans and I bought these brown distressed boots. I have been looking EVERYWHERE for boots like this. The only other ones I liked like this were the Jeffrey Campbell's, but I still wasn't 100% sold on them.I saw these and they're perfect. I probably shouldn't have spent the mulla as we're moving in two weeks, but what the hell. They're leather and they'll last me forever. $220 well spent!
Looking back on the past few posts I realise my shoe obsession has reached an all time high. Oops.
I am a little sad tonight as I had to say goodbye to my sister just before. I hate saying goodbyes - they're the worst. I think it's time for a wine.
Hope you had an awesome weekend!
(photo taken by me)
Saturday, May 14, 2011
Thanks to knightcat I am now addicted to an online store called Stylenanda. You're now officially to blame for excessive credit card usage Cat. Haha. I just bought these Prada knocks. Obviously not as good as the real deal but they're rad nonetheless. I really am liking the offbeat brogue trend right now (hence this post and the green brogues from ASOS below). I am trying to get my hands on as many quirky lace-ups as possible for winter. They're a sure way to make a dull winter wardrobe interesting and of course colourful!
MY SISTER IS COMING UP TO PARTY TONIGHT AND THE NEXT FEW DAYS! IT'S HER BIRTHDAY TODAY. HAPPY BIRD-DAY SISTERACT. SO EXCITED!
Hope you all have a wonderful weekend! Outfit posts to come!
Wednesday, May 11, 2011
Despite my hatred of horses I think this Sarah Phillips collared horse shirt is pretty rad. I saw it in Frankie Mag, and thought I'd share it with you.
I picture this shirt either teamed with some tailored grey pants or black skinnies and a rad pair of coloured heels for a little pop of colour.
Sorry for my lack of posting - I still love you all.
Saturday, May 7, 2011
A sneak peek at what i am wearing today. Now we're off to see the beautiful couple wed. Oh and drink A LOT of champagne.
Dress by Cooper St. More photos to come!
And a big congrats to Kelsey of Afraidtodieyoung.com for winning my giveaway! Skulls are coming your way!
Friday, May 6, 2011
My favourites lately
1. Studded Wallet/ sling bag: I love that it can be a wallet/ cluth/ bag all in one.
2. Lipton Rasberry, Cranberry and strawberry: So, so yummy. It's tough to choose my favourite tea. I don't think I could do it.
3. Three go to lipglosses: Australis Colour inject in Disco, Savvy lip jewels in Topaz and a Revlon lip plumping one that I have used so much the label has worn off.
4. Bobby Brown powder in Sunny Beige: I swear by this powder. It is so long lasting. I only need to apply it in the morning and I am good for the rest of the day.
5. OPI nail polish in Onyx: I love nail polish in every single colour, but black is my all time favourite.
6. Napoleon Eye Patrol in Private garden: Perfect green for my brown eyes.
7. MAC eyeshadow in Carbon: I use this as an eyeliner as well as a shadow. It's longer wearing than my gel eyeliner and doesn't smudge as easy. Just set it with a sweep of powder and you're good to go.
8. Cute earrings: I am wearing these tomorrow for the wedding
9. Ray Bans: I would go blind without these.
10. iPhone and iPad: Everyone always jokes that Jonathan and I live in an Apple factory 'cos we have so many Apple products. Hanging out for a new iPhone though. My one has seen better days.
11. Knitted phone cover: My mum knitted this. It's so adorable.
Have a rad weekend.