Wednesday, January 4, 2012

2012 + Green drink

It's widely accepted that the food in western culture does not give our bodies the energy it needs. And mine is feeling especially sluggish after Christmas and holidays. You can never control what you eat when you're away and to be honest who wants to be when it's a time when you're meant to let your hair down and relax.

So like last year I am going to start the new year with cleansing my body. Today marks the beginning of my post Christmas detox. I am taking part in a Greens detox - It's 100% fresh and all you drink is alkaline-forming dense green vegetables. Natural fibers such as cucumber, celery and spinach increases energy levels and provides essential nutrients to help return the blood and tissues to a healthy pH balance.

With the risk of sounding like a person trying to sell you on a product (which I am not by the way), it truly is a great detox. You don't need to buy the fancy juice cleansing program (which I am skeptical about) that you've seen so often. You simply just need to either look at ingredients in your fridge or follow my instructions below! What is good about making your own, is knowing exactly what is in it...Plus it's so much cheaper!

{What you will need to make your green drink}:
Cucumber
Baby Spinach
Celery
Green Apples
Lime is optional
Water - this controls the thickness, so it's up to you how much you put in
Blender

Please note: The amount of these ingredients is up to you. I generally make a large amount and store it in the fridge.

{Instructions}:
Green drink should be consumed up to three times daily, mixed with up to three litres water, for five days. I find my problem with attempting to take part in a liquid detox is not being able to consume the amount of liquid I am meant to. I find a litre-sized water bottle can help with this, as it allows to you measure your intake more effectively. I also do this with water on a daily basis, as I often forget how much I have consumed if I don't have my trusty bottle.

I find you also have to push through even when your body starts craving the food it is missing - once you pass that stage of detox, you can really feel your body in full detox mode.

Have an awesome day!

Ally
X

KIKKI.K DAIRY AND NOTE PAD

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you guys! Thanks so much for following! If you drop me a line be sure to leave your url and I'll come and check your blog out! :-) X