Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Sportsgirl X recycled.

Since when did Sportsgirl do recycled/ vintage clothes? Like legit, reworked clothes. Not a fake looking vintage line, a la General Pants a couple of years ago. When I was in Byron over the weekend I saw that there was a "Recycle It" section of hand-picked vintage finds which they claim to have been sourced from around the world. I can't really tell you much else as it's hard to find out information. But, i do know a small amount of other Sportsgirl stores are offering a similar range (Chadstone, Bourke, Bondi, Doncaster and Booragoon Stores).

Vintage clothing has reached an all time high. Everyone is wearing it, which i think is absolutely awesome. I just found it quite bizarre that a large retail company is getting on board and charging around $60 for vintage, reworked Levis....When you can go to a local op-shop or local markets and purchase shorts yourself and do a D.I.Y job for a quarter of the cost they're charging. It's really not that hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you guys! Thanks so much for following! If you drop me a line be sure to leave your url and I'll come and check your blog out! :-) X