Saturday, November 19, 2011

Dream Big

Rach from In Spaces Between tagged me to take part in Sportsgirl's BELIEVE initiative. What an awesome little idea!!

So here you have it, some answers about my dreams past and present.

Q: As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up?

A: It's a running joke in my family that as a child I wanted to be an "Mermaid Marching-girl". I had a vivid imagination as a child (still do)- so to me at age 4-5, I thought being a "Mermaid Marching-girl" was a realistic goal. I soon realised that Mermaids could not in fact walk, let alone march, so my dream soon faded...

Fast forward to my early teens and I wanted to be an Olympic swimmer. I was a really strong swimmer and participated in all my swimming club carnivals, winning most races. So I really thought it would be something I would pursue. I still love swimming - but I realised that I had a stronger love for fashion.

Fast forward once again to grades 9, 10, 11,12 of high school where I discovered textiles and visual arts. From there I found a love of sewing and drawing. I knew that I wanted to work in a creative field from then on.

Q: Did you make this dream come true or change your mind?

A: I am actively pursuing my dream from my later teens. It is something I am so passionate about, which I think is very important. Your passion will be what allows you to live out your goals/ dreams. I think it will be a dream where I keep changing things a long the way. As I grow, my dreams will grow and I guess only get bigger.

Q:What is your fave childhood memory?

A: I have a lot of great childhood memories. We moved around a lot throughout my childhood, as my parents are teachers. To some this sounds like their worst nightmare; having to make new friends, start new schools etc - but I loved it. I love meeting new people.

Q: The biggest dream you have right now?

A: My biggest dream at the moment is for Who Killed Bambi (My online store) to do well and to make it bigger and better. It's as simple as that. I constantly have new ideas for WKB, so I am going to keep things evolving to make sure that comes true.

Q: Your summer must-have pick from the current Sportsgirl range?

A: Out of all the questions - this one is by far the hardest. There is too many gorgeous pieces to choose from!! 

I love the Miss Unkon Little magic playsuit and also I can never go past SG accessories. I love pops of red at the moment so the Pippa medium satchel feeds that addiction well!


Now it's my job to pick three gorgeous bloggers to take part in this little quiz! So can Liss from Daydream Lily, Kim from Blonde Suburbia and Jazz from Fizzleout please step up to the Microphone.



Ally

X

X

1 comment:

  1. aww thanks lovely! I have very much enjoyed reading about the dreams of my favourite bloggers!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you guys! Thanks so much for following! If you drop me a line be sure to leave your url and I'll come and check your blog out! :-) X