Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Working from home




Now that most of my work is conducted from my home office I have been thinking, "What should you wear when you work from home?"

Appearance matters when you report to work in the “outside” world - so I think it should when you work from home. Don't roll your eyes and say "It doesn't matter what I wear because I'm just working from home and should be allowed to wear PJ's all day". It does matter and here's a pretty basic concept why it does: If you act professional in all aspects of your business you're more likely to succeed. How you dress at home reflects your attitude towards what you do and who you are. I have found getting dressed promotes self-discipline in the way I work, thus I am more productive through out the day. (I am sure there are a lot of people out there who may have different views - I am just letting you know what works for me).

I wear pants a lot of the time as comfort is my primary concern. Here is what I've worn the past few days!

1// Vintage red geometric pattern pants

2// Neuw Jean c/o Neuw

3// Who Killed Bambi leopards coming soon

Happy Tuesday - Ally xx

1 comment:

  1. I agree, how you dress for the day determines your mood. When I do stuff from home, I won't dress in corporate wear, but something trendy - with maybe slippers for the "I'm working from home" effect!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you guys! Thanks so much for following! If you drop me a line be sure to leave your url and I'll come and check your blog out! :-) X