Sunday, September 19, 2010

Valentino, Retrospective: Past/Present/Future



 


"Valentino, Retrospective: Past/Present/Future-is a major exhibition developed by the renowned institution, Les Arts Décoratifs, Paris. It explores the work of the celebrated Italian fashion house Valentino, known around the world for its sophisticated, timeless design and glamorous clientele".

Today JD and I went to Brisbane for a little adventure. It was so much fun! We went to see "Valentino, Retrospective: Past/Present/Future. OH MY GOD. I wish I could have taken them all home and displayed them as artwork in my lounge room. But there were two problems with that. A) they wouldn't all fit and B) I think it would have been a little obvious to all the security guards at the gallery. I think they would have spotted the immense amount of sequins and organza fabric under my t-shirt as i walked awkwardly. After all they did notice my water bottle when I entered the gallery.

The exhibition showcased Valentino's first collection designed in 1959 through to work from the A/W 09–10 collection by Maria Grazia Chiuri and Pier Paolo Piccioli (designers of Valentino since 2008). It was so amazing to see all the dresses/ coats/ pants/ tops. They were all incredibly well made and would have taken a crazy amount of time to complete and so, so, so much hand sewing would have gone into each piece. It made me admire his work even more. Basically every design was perfect. If there was something i didn't like about one of the dresses I managed to find another way to fall in love with it. There really wasn't anything i could fault about his work. Actually, maybe just the price! 

You should definitely go and see all the amazing designs. It is at the GoMA (Brisbane) until November 14th 2010.

NB: Where I showed you my favourites- There were so many more but i thought it was a bit much to show everyone of them!

Hope you all had a good weekend! Mine was awesome! Good times.


Ally
X

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you guys! Thanks so much for following! If you drop me a line be sure to leave your url and I'll come and check your blog out! :-) X