Thursday, October 6, 2011

D.I.Y dress





My mum gave me this material whilst we were down the coast on our road trip a couple of weeks ago. She didn't have any use for it and she thought I would be able to think of something I wanted to make from it. She was right! When I first saw it - I thought "I want a cute summer shift dress".
This morning I took out my machine, scissors and material...I didn't make a pattern I just guestimated my size, cut a front and back, hemmed, joined the two and hoped it would fit. Who needs a pattern! Oh and I couldn't find pins either so what could have been a complete disaster turned out perfect.
I love it and it is perfect for summer!
Ally

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you guys! Thanks so much for following! If you drop me a line be sure to leave your url and I'll come and check your blog out! :-) X